Rhubarb Cordial


Back in May I posted about my first venture into making my own cordial – lemon cordial to be precise.  This was very much inspired by my struggles to find commercially produced soft drinks that don’t upset my IBS.

I have been a long time fan of Katie’s blog and YouTube videos over at Lavender and Leeks so when I recently saw her post a recipe for rhubarb cordial I thought I would give it a go. 

Luckily I had some Holsteiner Blood Red Rhubarb growing in the garden that my mother-in-law bought for me so all I had to do was pop outside to harvest some and pull some sugar out of the cupboard.  This was a super quick make and the result was delicious.  I drank some straight away and then froze small batches of the cordial for a later date.  A big thank you to Katie for sharing her recipe!

Comments