Lately…..


Handmade Lampshade by A Little Sew and Sow
Hello crafty friends, I hope you are well and having a good day.  I seem to be working on lots of things at the moment but not getting much finished (other than the lampshade above I made as a gift) so thought would tell you a little about what I am up to. 

Quilting
For a long while now my brother-in-law has been asking me to make him a denim quilt, inspired by one he saw at a hotel. For Christmas we bought him the fabric and I promised that for his Birthday (in March) I would make the quilt.  It is a whopping 75 inches square.  I have now finished the top of the quilt and am on the hunt for the perfect backing fabric.  He fancies chambray, which I think is a great idea but am yet to find the perfect colour. 

I am also about to make a commissioned baby quilt but can’t share the details yet. 

Sewing
I was recently commissioned to make some memory pillows for a family who had lost a loved one.  I didn’t feel comfortable sharing the finished pictures but I was very pleased with the outcome.

Building
I am currently building myself a new website which should be launching soon.  Keep watching this space for an update and I am planning a little giveaway to celebrate the launch of my new site.

Planning
I have been busy planning workshops for February, March and April at Millie Moon.  These are now live on their website for bookings and include:
Windmill Mini Quilt
Beginner’s Baby Quilt
English Paper Piecing Masterclass
Freemotion Quilting Masterclass
Quilted Fabric Basket

Writing
As well as planning my workshops and making samples, I also need to write and design the patterns that people will receive as part of the workshop.  I have been busy writing these and also updating my older patterns to include my new logo.  I plan to start selling patterns and will be sure to shout when these are ready for sale.

Photographing
My personal project for 2018 #ayearofbringingnatureinside continues and I am really loving the opportunity to take some different photos using my iPhone.  I am also participating in the #myhousethismonth challenge throughout February.  We are renovating our house and I often get frustrated with the areas that are not done instead of celebrating the parts that we have completed.  I decided to participate in this challenge in the hope it would encourage me to focus on the nice parts of our home.  If you want to have a look you can find me on Instagram @alittlesewandsow

Looking forward to
I am working on a Camden bag using some of my hand dyed indigo fabric.  I am really looking forward to seeing how that comes out. 
I recently bought a hand embroidery kit and am planning to take this on holidays with me this year and have a go.  I am a little nervous but also excited to see if I can get my head around the stitches.

Tell me, what have you been creating lately?

Comments