A Year of Bringing Nature Inside – 8/52


Week 8/52 #ayearofbringingnatureinside by A Little Sew and Sow
My 2018 personal project #ayearofbringingnatureinside was designed to embrace materials that have been homegrown, gathered or foraged.  In the first week I used homegrown herbs but since then the weather and lack of variety in my garden have forced me to forage and gather in other gardens.  I am therefore very excited to share something this week that I have grown!

I grew these Narcissi on my kitchen windowsill and I am so pleased to finally have a touch of spring colour in my home.  Usually at this time of year I would be buying weekly bunches of spring flowers in the supermarket to cheer up February days, but I am managing to resist – and it became a lot easier this week with this little vase of vibrant colour. 

The bulbs in my garden are really starting to put on some growth now and I am hoping that it won’t be many weeks until I have blooms that I can cut to bring inside.  Many of the bulbs in the garden were left in from the year before so I can’t really remember what is there – what a lovely surprise it will be.
 
Please do join in and share any natural arrangements you make; what do you have flowering in your garden already? Just add your photos to Instagram using the hashtag #ayearofbringingnatureinside or email them to me.   

Comments