A Year of Bringing Nature Inside – 7/52


7/52 #ayearofbringingnatureinside by A Little Sew and Sow
This week I went on a lovely countryside walk with my parents and my three-year-old.  It was a crisp winter day and I was determined to forage something a little different for this week’s arrangement for my yearlong project. 

I was delighted to come across some dried teasels and cut a few to bring home with me.  I’m conscious that my normal style seems to focus on one variety in my vase, so I started to hunt around for something to go with the teasels when I came upon these seed heads.  I wasn’t able to identify them but they have a lovely structure and a really rich red/brown colour. 

This week I put my natural materials into a Hornsea Bronte jar that I picked up in a charity shop.  Well I actually ended up picking up six – the one pictured and a smaller one with no writing plus a large flour jar and three small tea, coffee and sugar jars.  I actually only wanted one but they came as a set and cost around the same amount as one would on eBay.  I therefore snapped them up, kept the two with no writing and then sold the remaining four on a local buy, sell, swap site.

If you would like to join in and share your natural arrangements add your photos to Instagram using the hashtag #ayearofbringingnatureinside or email them to me.   

Comments