A Year of Bringing Nature Inside – 3/52


Week 3/52 of #ayearofbringingnatureinside by A Little Sew and Sow
My personal project for 2018 is to make a new arrangement each week from natural materials that have been homegrown, gathered or foraged.  I am really enjoying the challenge so far but am finding that hedgerows are a lot emptier than I had imagined when I embarked on this project. 

This week I gathered Ivy berries on a local walk.  I love the structure of these berries and think that the black and green contrast really well.  When I was gathering the berries I thought I would probably put them into a glass jar but soon realized that the thickness of the glass obscured the structure of them that I so love.  So after a little hunt in my collection of vintage containers I decided upon this little brass bowl.

If you didn’t see it on Instagram, the lovely Emma Macnair joined me this week for the challenge and shared this beautiful picture of some winter berries and handmade pottery.  If you would like to join in with my challenge please email me photos to alittlewsewandsow@gmail.com or add them to Instagram using the hashtag #ayearofbringingnatureinside 

Emma Macnair's Creation for #ayearofbringingnatureinside challenge

Comments