A Finished Quilt: Star-Crossed Quilt


Star-Crossed Quilt by A Little Sew and Sow (pattern by Karen Lewis)
You may remember me making my Monstera Leaf Block Quilt before Christmas, which was a pattern from the Modern Quilter’s Box.  In the same box I also received the Star-Crossed quilt pattern by designer KarenLewis. 

I have followed Karen for some time on Instagram and love her fabric designs, so wanted to give her quilt pattern a go.  I decided to use scraps from my stash for the quilt so that it was a low-cost make. 

I am really pleased with the finished quilt which includes all sorts of interesting and beautiful fabrics, including some liberty cotton and some of the left over pieces of Kona white that I dyed with Indigo for Christmas gift making. 

I slightly changed the border layout from the pattern to accommodate the fabric that I had to hand, so it came up slightly smaller at around 38 inches square; the perfect size to pop on your lap or in my case on the back of an Ercol chair!

The pattern was challenging, as it was the first time I had tried Foundation Paper Piecing but with some guidance from Karen herself (how amazing Instagram is at connecting people) I got there in the end.  I really enjoyed the FPP element and will definitely be trying that process again. 

Tell me, what quilt patterns are you currently working with or thinking about starting?   

Comments