Say it with a handmade gift



Whether you are saying Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, Thank You, Get Well Soon or I Love You a handmade gift is always such a special thing to both give and receive.  I am not going to pretend that I make everything that I gift to others because I certainly don’t, but I do love making special gifts when I can and when the perfect gift comes to mind.  I also really love receiving something that someone else has taken the time to make for me.  Oh I remember the tears I shed when a special friend made a quilt for my little Pickle before he was born! 

So I urge you to consider making a gift or two for your loved ones.  I certainly have this year and have made gifts for my mum, sister, sister-in-law and both of my grandmothers.  The Little Man’s teacher is also leaving pre-school this week so she has a special little treat to say thank you for looking after him so well in his first term.  Over the years I have learnt that handmade gifts don’t have to be large (although most of my family have previously been gifted quilts), but something personal always goes down well.

Don’t worry if you are not particularly crafty, there are still little things you can make.  Why not try searching Pinterest for a cookie mix in a jar or assembling a hamper of goodies for your loved one. As well as sewn gifts I also love giving my family jars of jam and chutney.  You can see my Beetroot Relish recipe here or see some of my other preserving suggestions here. 

Sorry I can’t share pictures of my gifts here but I promise some will appear on the blog after Christmas. 

Comments