A Finished Quilt: Monstera Leaf Block

Monstera Leaf Block Quilt by A Little Sew and Sow

Back in October my hubby bought me a Modern Quilter’s Box as a Birthday gift.  I was so excited when the box arrived and was not disappointed.  It contained a lovely selection of fabric, some patterns and a beautiful pin badge.  As a newly converted houseplant fan, I was instantly drawn to a pattern by Anna Marie Galvin for a Monstera Leaf Block.  Having recently finished my Christmas sewing I made a start.


I wouldn't say my fabric stash is very big but I was delighted that I could pull a selection of green fabrics to use for this quilt.  This was a great project for using up some larger scraps – and I don't often use green, so that was a bonus. 

The pattern was easy to read and use and I have always loved making appliqué quilts.  The pattern did require a lot of Bondaweb, but luckily I had the end of a roll to hand. 

I have had a beautiful piece of batik fabric in the collection for about 5 years, which my mother-in-law brought back from Bali for me.  This ended up being the perfect size for my backing fabric and I was so pleased to be able to use it. 

I finished the quilt on Sunday morning and couldn’t resist a sneaky photo in a very snowy Oxford.

In my Modern Quilter’s Box there was also a lovely quilt pattern by Karen Lewis that looks like a great scrap buster. I think I am going to tackle that one next!

Comments