Ta Da! - A Finished Quilt



Back in 2014 I snipped a quilt pattern out of Love Patchwork andQuilting magazine and have finally had a chance to make it.  The pattern is for a single block starflower quilt measuring a massive 68 inches square.  The magazine article shared the pattern by Jeni Baker of In Color Order and images of a quilt pieced by Karen Lewis. 

When I left my old job back in the summer my lovely colleagues gave me a voucher to buy some fabric with (thank you lovelies!).  It was great to have a guilt-free trip to choose some pretty fabrics and make something for myself.  We have recently decorated our bedroom and this quilt is the perfect addition to the colour scheme.  Our home brings together modern and vintage and this quilt fits so well.  It has a classic feel whilst feeling modern and bold. 

I am so pleased with the quilt and love the fabrics.  The pattern is easy to follow but the size is a bit of a workout to put through a domestic sewing machine.  I always hand sew my binding on, so that was a bit of a mission too!  The pattern is also available of Jeni’s website here.   

Comments