Quilting for Good



Regular readers will remember that I like to support my local Project Linus group who collect handmade quilts and blankets and donate them to local hospitals and hospices.  If you would like to know more read my earlier post here.  

My local hospital, the Royal United Hospital in Bath has put out a call to our group for small quilts to be made to gift to patients in NICU on Christmas morning.  This last weekend I got to work and made my offering, which I hope will deliver a big hug to a poorly baby on Christmas day.  I wanted to make something bright and cheery, but that wasn't too Christmassy, as I wanted it to be used after the big day.  I decided a little forest of Christmas trees might be a good idea.  I appliqued the trees onto the quilt and backed in with a bright green fleece.  I can't say I am a huge fan of using fleece but the NICU really like them as they are lightweight, easy to wash and the corners come out nice and rounded which is safer for tiny eyes.  

My little Pickle kindly agreed to help me photograph this quilt before I pass it on to my wonderful local coordinator.  If you would like to make a quilt for a poorly baby or child (for Christmas time or any other time of the year) then do get in touch. 

Comments