#GreatBritishQuilter


Back at the beginning of September I wrote about my intention to participate in the #GreatBritishQuilter challenge on Instagram.  This was a month long challenge with a prompt for each day to share a picture and some words about quilting (well mainly) related stuff.  This challenge was hosted by two British sewists/quilters, @sarahashfordstudio and @sydneyrosedesigns. 

I am quite new to Instagram and this was my first challenge of this type, and I LOVED IT!

What a great way to connect with other quilters from the UK and further afield.  It has been so inspiring to see everyone’s work and to find new people to ‘follow’.  I loved thinking about what I was going to share each day and seeing how my posts were both similar and different to others.  It was particularly funny to see how so many people also have the same sewing machine as me (for details about Bertha clickhere). 

I am so thankful to these two wonderfully talented and generous artists for making this challenge happen.  And I am looking forward to 2018’s challenge already!

If you would like to see my challenge posts hop over to Instagram and find me @alittlesewandsow

Comments