Make, Bake, Sew, Grow - Monthly Roundup August 2017


Patchwork Drawstring Bag Workshop at Millie Moon
August has been an odd month for me.  I have been adjusting to a new day job, have had the Pickle at home a lot more as he is between nursery and pre-school and I have been doing lots of plotting and planning.  Here is a little roundup of my crafty activities. 

Make
I have done a lot of preserving during August, both for us as a family and also for gifts.  I have blogged about it here and have also shared my Nan’s recipe for Beetroot Relish here.  I love preserving and hope to do some more during September as apples start ripening.  

Homemade Raspberry Jam with Sweet Peas
Bake
Despite spending lots of time in the kitchen preserving and also making some freezer meals for my Nan’s 87th birthday, I haven’t actually done any baking.  I really must rectify this and also make an effort to do some baking with my little Pickle too.  Watch this space for September. 

Sew
I have been busy writing patterns and making samples for my forthcoming workshops at Millie Moon.  I also taught my first workshop which I wrote about here.  If you fancy joining me for one of my autumn workshops click here.  I have also been busy doing some secret sewing, which I will share soon and have made a few gifts using my patchwork drawstring bag pattern and my quilted cushion cover pattern.  I had a complete fail on my goal of working on my Ercol covers – MUST. TRY. HARDER in September!

Quilted Christmas Stocking Workshop at Millie Moon
Grow
My garden is continuing to provide us with lovely organic veggies.  The courgettes are finally producing regularly and we have a great crop of runner beans.  I have already frozen a big bag of them for my Christmas lunch and I am also freezing any other surplus for eating throughout the winter.  My pumpkins and winter squash are looking fantastic and I have a second crop of mange tout.  My raspberries are starting to ripen and I am hopeful of a few dwarf French beans.  I participated in the Garden Bloggers’ Bloom Day again so do click here if you fancy a peek at what has been blooming in my garden.

Homegrown Polka Raspberries
I have been pretty creative but have not done as much sewing as I would like.  How was August for you? I am really hoping to get on with those Ercol cushions in September, start my Christmas gifts (which I have already planned) and continue preserving.    

Comments