Rotary Cutter, Ruler and Cutting Mat – Product Focus


Olfa Cutting Mat and Rotary Cutter. Omnigrip Ruler.
There are so many products available for quilters and crafters that it can sometimes be difficult to know what to buy.  Not long after I started quilting my Mum visited Midsomer Quilting and asked for some advice about what gift she could buy for me related to my new hobby.  They suggested a rotary cutter, ruler and mat.  I had used these tools during my first quilting course but had thought these tools were quite an investment until I was 100% sure that I wanted to continue quilting.

I was completely thrilled when my Mum turned up with these thoughtful and super useful gifts and I am still using them all today them today!  In fact I use them practically every time that I sew.

I would recommend visiting your local quilt shop to look at the sizes of rulers and mats available and also to hold the different brands and styles of rotary cutters.  I was only in Midsomer Quilting yesterday and they certainly had a good selection in stock.  However, if you would like to buy online you might want to check out the items that I have and love.  Omnigrip6x24 inch ruler, Olfa 18x24 inch cutting mat and Olfa Delux Rotary Cutter. 

A big thank you to Mum for these thoughtful gifts and to Midsomer Quilting for their super guidance (5 years ago!).

Happy Cutting!

Comments