Make, Bake, Grow, Sow - A Monthly Roundup



We have just returned from a lovely week in Dorset and as the month comes to a close I thought I would do a little round up of some of the creative things I have been doing throughout May. 


Make
Early in May I made my first lampshade which I wrote about here.  I have now lived with it in my newly decorated living room for a few weeks and still love it.  It has transformed by vintage standard lamp. 

I also had my first attempt at making cordial this month.  I made a delicious lemon cordial.  I drank some of it fresh and froze a small batch, which I have enjoyed this past week on holiday.  You can read my post about it here.  


Bake
I haven’t done any traditional baking this month but I did make some sweet treats a few weeks ago, which my husband shared with his lovely colleagues at work.  They all donated money for these and they raised a fantastic £45 for Project Linus UK – Bath, Wells and Surrounding Area.  I made a dark chocolate bark topped with fruit and nuts, a milk chocolate sweet shop bark topped with M&Ms, white mice and mini marshmallows, a mix of white and milk chocolate bark topped with toffee popcorn, Maltesers fudge and caramel fudge. 







Sew
I have worked on a couple of projects that I can’t yet share, including my first quilt pattern and a gift for someone special.  I also made my first pair of pyjama bottoms which I wrote about here and made a couple of tiny quilts for premature babies from the blocks I made at the Millie Moon Quilt Club I attend, which you can see here.


Grow
My garden is starting to come to life with my peonies and alliums looking particularly lovely.  My vegetables are also progressing well with new potatoes growing like mad, flowers appearing on my peas and broad beans and my second crop of purple sprouting broccoli starting to flower.  I look forward to eating some of these goodies in the coming months!














I have loved writing this blog during May and have found that it has kept inspiring me to do creative things in my spare time.  A big thank you to everyone who has been reading this – I can’t believe how many of you have been taking a look and all the lovely feedback I have received.  Here’s to a productive June. 

Comments