A passion for quilting




My first step into quilting was at the beginning of 2012, when I attended a 6-week beginner’s quilting course at Millie Moon in Frome.  The wonderful Caroline taught and inspired me and I haven’t looked back since.  In the past five years I have made nearly 30 quilts and have been truly bitten by the bug.  One of my regrets though is that I haven’t properly recorded those quilts.  At best I have poor phone snaps of them before they were gifted away and in many cases I don’t have anything.  One of my goals for this blog is to record more of my creative pursuits – and that starts here.  I definitely need to improve my photography skills (and hang the quilts somewhere more interesting than my washing line!) but for now here are a few of the quilts I have made and still own.

My very first quilt, taught by Caroline at Millie Moon 

Made for my hubby the first Christmas after we were married
Tree inspired by Red Pepper Quilts

Scrap quilt made following a Quilt Club tutorial with Caroline at Millie Moon

A little something for my Owl-loving Pickle

My first hexie quilt
 

September Blue Hexies
Simple Heart Quilt, tutorial by Cluck Cluck Sew
A monkey for my little Pickle, pattern bought from Pixieharmony

Comments